Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sydney- Featherdale Wildlife Park

Featherdale Wildlife Park.
Only native Austalian animals are put on display in this park.


Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Scenery from the bus... An old housing area... This was somewhere after the Sydney Olympic Park..

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Almost reaching the wildlife park...

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
A pleasant welcome, by a 6-month old joey at the entrance. At first glance, En. Arip thought it was a puppy... huhuhu.

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Owhh... She's so adorably cute!


Image hosting by Imageshack.us
The park was not busy at all, and that gave me the chance to enjoy its natural setting, which I luv so much. Macam nak masuk kebun getah huhu...
The wooden archboard too! O.k... Lets begins the visit!

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
The first section was the area where hyperactive and fierce young kangaroos are placed. En Arip tried to make friends by offering a eucalyptus leave .;)

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
I too tried to coax this one to pose for me...

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Yeah, finally!

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Yes, he was too young to understand the sign board! huhu

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
They took shelter from this brave boy!

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
The next section was the enclosure for adult kangaroos. Being otais, they were more friendly, and rather passive too!

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
They even have a yellow kangaroo, too! hahahaa

Image hosting by Imageshack.us

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Beware of this horny female kangaroo!!!

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
She was really excited to kiss me, so I kissed her! huhuhu
En Arip just missed the kiss by a split moment!


Image hosting by Imageshack.us

O.k enough about kangaroos! we moved quickly to the next section - koalas and kookaburras! Yes, kookaburras! I didn't manage to see them during my last visit to Australia. All I remember is, I luv the kooaburra song when I was a boy scout...

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Koookaburra sits in the old gum tree~~~~lalalal,lalla~~

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
The kookaburras were everwhere!!! Even on the bench...huhu kantoi cara pegang camera sgt amatur :P

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Shot of the kookaburra above... Isn't he cute?

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Careful! There's even kookaburras on the ground.

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
This owl was so cute!

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Koala.. They were many of them here, in almost every corner...

Image hosting by Imageshack.us

Image hosting by Imageshack.us


Image hosting by Imageshack.us
In the next section, we saw penguins, tazmanian devils, woombats and other wild Australian animals - including crocodiles and etc.. We didn't have enough time, so I was fast enough to snap only a few pics and ended up at the souvenir kiosk to get my kookaburra soft toy. The boy in this pic said, he was holding a wild lizard or something... I forgot its name! LOL!

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
The penguins.

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Luv the penguins here, compared to those at Seaworld, seen here below.

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
The penguins at Seaworld looked unhealthy, and the pad looked hard and cold.

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Wombat. I was rushing, so I didn't stop to snap it properly.

Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Tazmanian Devil... owh... I had only another five minutes before the bus moved on toward Blue Mountains!

Image hosting by Imageshack.us

We then continued the journey to Blue Mountains, but before that, we had stopped by two other places for a boomerang-casting lesson and lunch, respectively.

Image hosting by Imageshack.us I had only managed to grab this kookaburra and some other souvenirs for myself... Got the 2 free special edition minikoalas as a gift from Featherdale Wildlife Park.

To me, it's better to visit this park instead of the Taroongga Zoo in Sydney. I give Featherdale Wildlife Park 4 out of 5 stars!

O.k people, let's enjoy this clip below about the kookaburra...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin